TWG dp Winch leading the light & heavy duty recovery winch markets!
Experience the power of dp Winch light duty recovery winches designed for the light-duty and carrier market.
dp Winch is the industry leader in the commercial towing, government and recovery markets. dpWinch manufactures a complete line of planetary winches, capstans and bumper packages. Leading OEM’s choose our equipment for their utility trucks, towing and recovery vehicles, trailers, and numerous government vehicles. By choosing dpWinch our customers experience a military-grade, battle-proven design that has been trusted by governments worldwide for nearly 50 years.
dp Winch Planetary Winches & Hoists and Applications
- Light Duty Recovery Winches: DP Winch offers a full line of winch packages for ½ ton to class 8 trucks. The Winch pulling capacities are 8,000 lb., 12,000 lb., 15,000 lb., 20,000, and 30,000 lb.
- Heavy Duty Recover Winches: DP manufactures winches ideally suited for truck-mounted applications with line pulls from 3,000 to 100,000 pounds, all DP planetary winches offer large drum to cable diameter ratios, multi-disk wet brakes and multiple motor options to meet the exact needs of the application.
- Bumper Winch: DP Winch offers a full line of Bumper Winch packages for ½ ton to class 8 trucks. The Bumper Winch pulling capacities are 8,000 lb., 12,000 lb., 20,000 lb. and 30,000 lb. Advanced design to help Utility ﬂeets work safer and smarter and all-welded construction for longer equipment life.
- OX CTL | Skid Steer Bumper Winch: The OX bumper winch has a large 20,000 lbs. capacity for effective self-recovery and object retrieval, a modular and open design that allows full access to the engine without compromising protection and can be easily installed on a variety of skid steer brands and models.
- Capstans: DP capstans feature intelligent design, precision engineering, and quality manufacturing. With output torques from 4,600-24,000 In. Lbs. DP offers products for every application. Advanced engineering for reliable operation and extra long life.
- Gearing Accessories: DP Winch offers a complete line of fairleads, capstan bayonet heads, cable pulling monitors and radio remote control packages.
- Government Winches: DP Winch is the Defense industry’s number one supplier and logistical supporter of hydraulic winches for use on Army, Navy, and Marine vehicles. For 30 years, DP Winch has fielded more than 40,000 winches on government vehicles used in field operations around the world.
- Industrial Winches | Hoists: With line pulls from 8,000 to 100,000 pounds. DP produces product ideal for service truck cranes and any other application where high line speeds and duty cycles are required.
- Traction Winches: DP Winch offers “constant pull” Traction Winches. The Traction Winch pulling capacities are 7,000lb. 20,000 lb. and 25,000 lb. capacities. Outstanding performance, more consistent operation, increased rope life. Ideal for pulling long runs of underground conductors, delicate ﬁber-optic cables and hard-to-access overhead lines.
About TWG dp Winch Traction Winch Solutions
The DP Winch traction winch series of products is speciﬁcally designed for the Utility Industry. There are reasons more and more Utility ﬂeet managers specify traction winches, bumper winches, capstans and accessories over other brands, but we’ll start with the ﬁrst —safer operation by design.
Only Dp traction winches are designed with safety features typically offered as options on competitive products. This means added protection against operator accidents, injuries, and equipment failure. At DP Winch, we know that overloading and downtime impact your bottom line. That’s why every Dp traction winch is engineered from the very start to help you and your crew work safer —and smarter.
At DP Winch, safety isn’t an afterthought— it’s a mindset.
dp Winch® Light Duty Recovery Winch Solutions
The recovery planetary winch line from dp Winch, proven the world over for heavy-duty recovery, has updated offerings in light recovery. Leveraging our experience we incorporate a proven balanced piston brake design that gives longer brake life, effective manual and pneumatic kick-outs that provide smooth engagement/disengagement, and smooth cable drums ready to accept either wire or synthetic rope. And because they are made by dp Winch, a leader in the commercial and military towing and recovery markets for almost 50 years, you can rest assured that these winches are rugged and dependable.
dp Winch® Light Duty Recovery Winch Key Differentiators
- Extended width drum available on the 8K, 12K and 20K lb models for expanded rope capacity
- Air & Manual kick out available for easy free-spooling
- Spring applied cable packer to eliminate rope bird nesting
- Hawse fairlead plate available to reduce unnecessary rope wear
- Increased line speed for faster recovery
- Faster recovery speed (Planetary winches).
- Reliable brake engagement regardless of hydraulic system backpressure accomplished through a balanced piston brake design.
- Reliable, positive, and smooth engagement/disengagement of drum clutch kick out to ensure the load is secure.
- Winch compatible with open and closed center hydraulic systems to ensure proper brake operation.
- Designed & tested for synthetic rope.
- Designed for serviceability, long life and easy free spool over the product life.
- Oil bath lubricated.
- Anti-friction bearings utilized to support all rotating components.
- Drop-in replacement for nearly all OEM winches
dp Winch® Light Duty Recovery Winch Solutions
dp Winch RPW Series: 8, 12, 15 and 20,000 lbs. capacity models serving the light and medium-duty recovery market.
- dp Winch Model: 8RPW- Line Pull capacity up to 8000 lbs. Base Drum Capacity: 3/8” rope capacity up to 148’. Extended Drum Capacity: 3/8” rope capacity up to 185’. Line speed from 38 to 64‘ per minute.
- dp Winch Model: 12RPW- Line Pull capacity up to 12,000 lbs. Base Drum Capacity: 7/16” rope capacity up to 99’. Extended Drum Capacity: 7/16” rope capacity up to 124’. Line speed from 29 to 47‘ per minute.
- dp Winch Model: 15RPW- Line Pull capacity up to 15,000 lbs. Base Drum Capacity: 1/2” rope capacity up to 182’. Extended Drum Capacity: 3/8” rope capacity up to 299’. Line speed from 43 to 71‘ per minute.
- dp Winch Model: 20RPW- Line Pull capacity up to 20,000 lbs. Base Drum Capacity: 9/16” rope capacity up to 168’. Extended Drum Capacity: 9/16” rope capacity up to 275’. Line speed from 34 to 58‘ per minute.
Why Choose dp Winch for Light Duty Recovery?
- Trusted provider – Nearly 50 years of experience in lowing and heavy duty recovery.
- Reliable brake engagement – balanced piston brake design & compatibility with open and closed center hydraulic systems.
- Easy and consistent free spool, serviceability and long life.
- Oil bath lubricated & Anti-friction bearings.
- Faster recovery speed.
- Planetary design.
- Drop-in replacements for many competitive brands.
“Dp Winch- Experience, Efficiency, Safety, lower total cost of ownership” – (TCO)
Dp Winch CTL| Skid Steer Bumper Winch Kit
Skid steer operators often need retrieval capability or the ability for self-recovery to make their jobs easier. These abilities, along with added protection for the engine compartment, are available with the new OX bumper winch kit. The OX bumper winch has a large 20,000 lbs. capacity for effective self-recovery and object retrieval, a modular and open design that allows full access to the engine without compromising protection and can be easily installed on a variety of skid steer brands and models. And because they are made by dp Winch, a market leader for nearly 50 years, you can rest assured that these winches are rugged and dependable.
Dp Winch CTL| Skid Steer Bumper Winch Key Features
- 20,000 lbs (88.9 kN) hydraulically driven planetary winch includes:
- 74 feet (22.6 m) of 9/16 in (14 mm) wire rope
- Spring applied cable packer
- Manual drum kick out for easy free spooling
- Hawse fairlead plate to reduce rope damage
- Hoses and hardware for plug-n-play installation
- Complete assembly under 600 lbs Robust frame protects the engine compartment while still permitting easy access
- Open frame design is easy to clean and remove debris with heavy duty hinge
- Industrial grade paint standard
- Custom branding available
- Simple slide latch with pull off anchor pin provides easy swing-away feature
dp Winch History
Don Pruitt and two of his colleagues didn’t have much when they got started. It is said that Mr. Pruitt trusted his product so much, that he traveled on a dime to Texas, where he slept in a camper and ate bologna and bread for his meals while marketing his wares. There he sold his first product, and when he got home he and his partners took second mortgages on their homes to build this new company.
In 1970, DP Manufacturing was founded, with humble beginnings by renting one bay in the old Armory building in Haskell, Oklahoma. DP would stand for “Diversified Products.” DP’s main products at that time were guardrail straightening and post driving machines. In 1975, DP Manufacturing built its first winches and obtained a government contract to build winches for the military.
Exponential growth required a move to a larger facility, and in 1977 DP Manufacturing moved to a new facility in Eufaula, Oklahoma. In 1985, DP’s sales, engineering, and accounting departments were expanded into a location in Tulsa, Oklahoma, further broadening their manufacturing capabilities.
Due to the success of the Defense Industry winches, the DP Winch brand was initiated, creating a new era of commercial business to complement the existing government contracts.
With almost 30 years of successful growth and development, the company was appealing as an addition to a culmination of extraordinary brands that make up Tulsa Winch Group, or TWG. DP Winch was acquired by TWI in 1999 and continued the legacy of outstanding support as the Defense Industry’s number one supplier and logistical supporter of hydraulic winches for use on Army, Navy, and Marine vehicles. They have since fielded more than 40,000 winches on government vehicles used in field operations around the world.
Don Pruitt exemplified what it means to create an American company, from the ground up, and further validates the quality of his winches with support to our American troops.
Today the Tulsa Winch Group, TWG DP Winch brand manufactures a complete line of planetary winches, capstans, and bumper packages for major OEMs and the Light Recovery Industry. Additionally, the DP Winches brand can be found working on utility trucks, towing and recovery vehicles, trailers and numerous government vehicles used in defense operations around the world.
dp Winch Resources
dp Winch Brochures
dp Winch Manuals
dp Winch Videos
About Tulsa Winch Group
Around the globe, TWG’s seven distinct brands are recognized for superior product performance and innovative capability. Our customers know DP Winch®, Gear Products, Greer®, LANTEC®, Pullmaster®, Rufnek® and Tulsa Winch® by the vital role they play in the energy, infrastructure and recovery markets. TWG engineers and manufactures industry-specific winches, hoists, gear drives, hydraulic pump drives, slewing ring bearings and monitoring electronics for energy, infrastructure, recovery, marine, and natural resource markets worldwide. The breadth and depth of our gearing solutions and electronic monitoring technology are put to the test under some of the most demanding conditions on earth.
TWG’s capabilities include two world-class manufacturing centers and superior engineering to customize gearing and electronics solutions. Our ability to integrate data-capture technology into our product lines has made us an industry innovator and a market driver. Our North America headquarters is in Jenks, Oklahoma. Here, the combined operations of DP Winch, Greer, Gear Products, Rufnek, and Tulsa Winch provide a lean, streamlined approach to next-generation product development and problem-solving. Pullmaster and LANTEC products are manufactured in Surrey, British Columbia.
Tulsa Winch Group (TWG) Markets
TWG Energy Market
TWG’s worm gear and planetary winches, hoists, rotation drives, gear reducers, and electronic monitoring solutions are put to work every day on equipment and truck fleets that service the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry, including drilling and production.
TWG Infrastructure Market
TWG’s worm gear and planetary winches, hoists, rotation drives, gear reducers, swing drives, auger drives, slewing ring bearings, hydraulic pump drives, rotators and electronic monitoring solutions are used on cranes and heavy equipment that serve the construction and mining industry, light and heavy industrial applications, utility work, foundation drilling, and dredging.
TWG Recovery Market
TWG’s worm gear and planetary winches, hoists, rotation drives, gear reducers, and electronic monitoring solutions are used on cranes, wreckers and heavy equipment that serve government, towing, marine and forestry.
TWG Marine Market
TWG’s planetary hoists and winches, rotation drives, SRB’s, swing drive and gear reducers, hydraulic pump drives are used on fishing and research vessels, workboats, barges, dredges, tug-boats, and marsh buggies.
TWG Natural Resource Market
TWG’s worm gear and planetary winches, hoists, rotation drives, gear reducers are used on pipe layers, feller-bunchers, skidders, forwarder’s, harvesters, mulchers, yarder systems, blast hole drills, water well drills, rock crushers, and rock breakers serving the forestry, pipelayer and the mining industry.
Tulsa Winch Group (TWG) Customers
TWG serves Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), distributors and fleet customers of cranes, trucks, industrial platforms and heavy equipment throughout the world. We work closely with our customers to develop innovative gearing and electronic monitoring solutions that enhance equipment performance, minimize equipment risk and create added value for owners and operators.
Table of Contents
- Experience the power of dp Winch light duty recovery winches designed for the light-duty and carrier market.
- dp Winch Planetary Winches & Hoists and Applications
- About TWG dp Winch Traction Winch Solutions
- dp Winch® Light Duty Recovery Winch Solutions
- dp Winch® Light Duty Recovery Winch Key Differentiators
- dp Winch® Light Duty Recovery Winch Solutions
- Why Choose dp Winch for Light Duty Recovery?
- dp Winch CTL| Skid Steer Bumper Winch Kit
- dp Winch CTL| Skid Steer Bumper Winch Key Features
- dp Winch History
- dp Winch Resources
- About Tulsa Winch Group
- Tulsa Winch Group (TWG) Markets
- Tulsa Winch Group (TWG) Customers